The Mean Girls’ Yarn club, Part Deux finds me, KnottyLa flying solo. You see, in true Mean Girl fashion, KnittyKnitterton (Ravelry name provided to protect the not-so-innocent), got us all worked up, excited, and dare I say it…moist over her beautiful yarns and is now taking her ball and bat a going home. What a tease!
So, things will be done slightly differently this next go-round. Four of the installments will be the product of my wicked cauldrons and evil incantations. However, the other 2 shall be merino/Cashmere (because you should always spell Cashmere with a capital “C”) sock yarn from the wicked genius that is ChicksWithSticks (Rav name), aka Sprouty25, aka Ann-Marie MacKay. And no, I’m not going to divulge which installment shall be which yarn, so don’t even bother asking!
As with last year, the entire year will be themed and there will be collectible stitch markers provided by Stacey Sobesiak, aka Purling Dervish (Rav name), which will reflect the Mean Girls they accompany. There will also be noms, most of which will be hand-made. I’m getting rather fond of slipping my poisons into sweet treats for you all. And yes, there will always be amazing extras included. In most cases, the extras come from independent artisans, and are of the highest quality. In fact, one installment this time around will contain an extra so awesome it’ll make your head spin. And no. I’m not going to divulge what installment that will be, so again, don’t even bother to aks.
Sign-ups open on Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 9:30am PDT at Mean Girls Yarn Club blog (which means here, just in case you're wondering). This should give you plenty of time to exercise your clicky finger.
The rules remain pretty much the same as last year so you repeat
- The cost: $150 for the entire year, payable either in 1 lump sum, or in three $50 installments. This includes priority shipping for domestic members, ground shipping for accented domestic and international members.
- Canadian and Mexican members shall be considered “Accented Domestic Members”.
- First shipment goes out in July, 2010. Shipments will go out every other month for 1 year.
- Membership will be limited to 50 people.
- The colorways are to be club exclusives. It’s all super secret until you get your installment. It will remain super secret for no less than 2 weeks after the shipments are sent. NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!
- There will be a waiting list for those of you too slow on the uptake/with the clicky finger.
- For those members who choose the payment plan, members will make their initial payment when they sign up, and then be billed the final payments in October and again in January for the remaining balance. Please note, these payments are now 3 months apart instead of 4.
- If members choosing the payment plan become delinquent in payment, their membership shall be forfeit if their account becomes 30-days past due, and the remainder of their membership will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
- If you opt for the payment plan, and find you need to cancel your membership…too bad. Just kidding. Please feel free to notify me privately. I will not bite your head off…well, maybe just a nibble.
- It is the member’s responsibility to notify me if their desired mailing address differs from the one listed in Paypal. It is also the member’s responsibility to notify me in a timely manner if their address changes. If I wanted to I could read your minds, but I prefer to use my evil powers for, well…evil.
- IF for whatever lame reason, you are displeased with your yarn, (and we don’t see why you would be. This is the MGYC, it’s implied that you get what you get and you like it) anyhow… if for some reason you and your colorway aren’t getting along, just follow these simple rules…
- First and foremost…NO WANKING ALLOWED!
- Email La or Tareshen aka The Evil Adminion, and in 50 words or less inform us of your decision.
- We’ll put the word out to your fellow members that there’s an unloved, neglected, ABUSED skein of MGYC yarn out there in need of a good home.
- We’ll put the abandoner/adopter in touch with each other, and you all can iron out all the payment/shipping details to your little black hearts’ content.
- If, in the unlikely event that no one wants your castoff, you can do with it what you will, but only after 6 months.
- If all else fails, see rule #1.